MPOETC Credits: 61.0
The Penn State Justice and Safety Institute (JASI) is pleased to partner with our co-sponsors to present this intensive program designed to further develop the leadership skills of law enforcement professionals.
Key topics include:
- Meeting the challenge of providing your people with the necessary resources to do their jobs
- Maximizing your outreach capabilities to positively interact with external organizations
- Leading a performance appraisal system that will be an effective management tool
- Building and presenting a budget
- Budget metrics, management, and assessment
- SWOT analysis and other critical strategic planning tools
- Establishing goals and objectives to support the organizational strategy development
- Effectively empowering employees to contribute to the overall success of the organization
- Preparing and planning for the future by utilizing strategies such as succession planning and needs assessment
- Modeling your leadership role as a police executive
By taking these courses, you can garner the tools to make you a part of the management of your department and reduce the civil liabilities to you, your officers, and your department.
Prerequisite: Police Executive Development (POLEX)
There are currently no upcoming classes scheduled.