Co-sponsor: Monmouth County Police Academy
Registration is full or closed. Please join the waiting list.
View all upcoming courses for Grant Writing.
The Penn State Justice and Safety Institute (JASI) is pleased to partner with our co-sponsor to present this intensive three-day Grant Writing course. It is undeniable that we are being asked to accomplish more with less direct funding. Successfully obtaining grants and foundation awards is a way to get funding needed for equipment, services, and staffing. Our hands-on program can help participants gain the information and skill sets necessary to find, apply for, win, and manage grants and foundation awards. You will have an opportunity to develop and present a grant application with instructor feedback. This program addresses the following critical topics:
- Define a grant and where and when to seek funding
- Determine the goal and specific project to fund
- Determine and define the objective of your grant proposal
- Write a clear and concise project narrative/executive summary
- Create clearly defined categories of funds requested
- Develop a grant application budget with project costs and expenses
- Establish a project evaluation to determine success and outcome
- Summary exercise to develop and present a draft grant application
Registration is closed. Please join the waiting list.