Co-sponsor: John H. Stamler Police Academy
View all upcoming courses for Grant Writing.
The Penn State Justice and Safety Institute (JASI) is pleased to partner with our co-sponsor to present this intensive three-day Grant Writing course. It is undeniable that we are being asked to accomplish more with less direct funding. Successfully obtaining grants and foundation awards is a way to get funding needed for equipment, services, and staffing.
Our hands-on program can help participants gain the information and skill sets necessary to find, apply for, win, and manage grants and foundation awards. Please bring a laptop and an idea of a grant that you would like to apply for. You will have an opportunity to develop and present a grant application with instructor feedback.
This program addresses the following critical topics:
- Define a grant and where and when to seek funding
- Determine the goal and specific project to fund
- Determine and define the objective of your grant proposal
- Write a clear and concise project narrative/executive summary
- Create clearly defined categories of funds requested
- Develop a grant application budget with project costs and expenses
- Establish a project evaluation to determine success and outcome
- Summary exercise to develop and present a draft grant application